31.7.14

Actress Blake Lively Celebrates Handcrafted Goods


 Actress Blake Lively's interview in Vogue's latest issue is a great example of how the handmade movement is propelling forward with gusto. Lively's new Web site Preserve is "hoping to tap into her generation's obsession with all things small-batch: the perfectly imperfect handcrafted, the exquisitely bespoke, the deliciously artisanal."



When asked why people are becoming so interested in artisanal foods and handmade goods Lively explains, "People want to get back to the magic of smaller, special, and handmade. We grew up getting every bit of information we needed instantly. So we want to know the backstory; we want to know why something is the way it is. And if there's no answer other than because it's big, because it makes money, because it's corporate--we don't connect with that. People want things with meaning. I know that because I want that."

She's right on the mark. For me, it feels good supporting craftspeople. I am interested in the story behind it and I like that connection of buying from a real person and not a corporate behemoth. I like knowing it is created with care. As an artisan, I love creating my pillows for others and I cherish each and every connection I make with my customers. In our fast-paced world, people are seeking that sense of connection and handmade goods do just that.

The photos below were shot in majestic Jackson Hole, Wyoming. They capture that pioneer spirit vibe which perfectly personifies the handmade movement.




Images Vogue Photographed by Mario Testino


No comments:

Post a Comment